SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Erie Bay Christmas - food

Thursday, January 9, 2014

packing food
Food was hard... to be honest food is always hard for me. My people want to eat multiple times every. single. day. I have read lots of books and tried a few plans - but nothing sticks and most days I feel like I am winging it.

There was no room for winging it with this trip. Every single bite was accounted for and neatly packed into our luggage allowance... that had to fit in (or on top of) our not-very-big-van (which would be considered more of a station wagon in the states). Thankfully we drove through the night and not many people saw us looking like the Beverly Hillbillies.   
delicious breakfast tacos

On the topic of food... New Zealand has a service that has transformed my domestic life. Online grocery shopping and delivery (que the heavenly lights and dramatic music). It is relatively inexpensive (justifying) and we only have one car (justifying). But being able to outsource some part of the grocery shopping experience makes me incredibly happy. I actually ordered groceries from my phone on our drive back from Wellington... it was on my doorstep when we arrived! 

pizza for picnic


fresh caught meal

beach picnic

American marshmallows are SO much better

No comments :

Post a Comment