SLIDER

  • "/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • " />
  • "/>"/>" />
  • "/>"/>" />

Solo Road Trip to Gisborne

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Every now and then my kind and thoughtful husband will send me off for a blissful 24 hours to myself. It usually comes at the perfect moment (right before I lose my mind) and most of the time I come back happy as a clam and ready for another round of motherhood. It is a favor that we have reciprocated for the better part of seven years (since we started having kids). I am not an introvert... but these times away always leave me heavily questioning my extroversion.

This was my second "outing" in New Zealand... and I must say it is quite thrilling to choose a destination in a new country with so much beauty to explore. No car ride is too far, when there aren't fighting children in the backseat. I had several podcasts I was anxious to catch up with, so I opted for a long distance destination on the east coast with a nice looking youth hostel - Gisborne. It ended up taking me about 4 hours because stopped a bit to dip my feet in the water and take pictures (a luxury one can afford when traveling solo).

It was an overwhelming drive for me... traversing varying gorgeous landscapes across the New Zealand countryside and reflecting on how unsure I had been about our decision to move here. It was a leap of faith that I will always be thankful we took.

Feeling refreshed and thankful...













No comments :

Post a Comment